Monday, May 23, 2011

Friends? By Scotty Plowman

In this marvelous time of electronic conversations, web sites and other media.. It has been said we are no longer making any "Real" friends.. The circumstances of the last few days has proven just the opposite to me!
For many of you,, it is apparent the the Tornado season is in full swing in the Midwest.. The awful reality of what happened in Joplin, Mo... and the Southeast is ample evidence of that.. My phone started ringing the other night with individuals calling and checking on my safety and warning me of terrible weather conditions.. Friends I had met strictly through social media!
As hours and days progressed,, I saw people dispersing information, helping in the search of loved ones, mobilizing relief efforts,, and several agreeing in prayer.!
Are electronic friends real friends..? Oh yes.. close friends,, friends concerned about your well being,,, I am quite thankful for these special folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment